As you know, Instagram is one of the social media that is currently on the rise and its users continue to crawl up. Instagram users don’t know the age, many young and old have Instagram accounts.
With this Instagram, we can share photos, videos or even do business online. On the other hand, by using Instagram, we can get the latest information that you may not know about. That way, you will be more up to date with the information that is booming.
Despite having a myriad of benefits, there are just a few people who want to delete their Instagram account, whether it’s due to privacy issues, having a new account and wanting to delete the old account and so on. But before you decide to delete an Instagram account, please think carefully. But if you have considered it seriously, just look at the steps to delete an Instagram account (temporarily or permanently) below.
How to delete an Instagram account
Now this time, I will explain how to temporarily or permanently delete Instagram accounts that you can see below:
Delete a permanent Instagram account
The first is to permanently delete your account. By deleting it permanently, you cannot reactivate your Instagram account even your Instagram username cannot be re-registered on a new account. In addition, all photos, profiles, videos, followers, likes, and comments will be deleted permanently and non-refundable.
1. As I said before that you cannot delete your account through the Instagram application. Therefore, you must first log in at www.instagram.com through a browser.
2. Before that, make sure you are sure to delete your Instagram account permanently. To permanently delete your account, please visit this page (an official page from Instagram for users who want to delete their account permanently).
3. You will be directed to the page below. Choose the reason why you want to delete your Instagram account. In this example, I choose Something else. After that, enter your password to confirm that you really want to delete your Instagram account, then click the Permanently delete my account button.
3. If you see a notification like this, it means that your Instagram account has been permanently deleted.
Delete a temporary Instagram account
There are times when you want to delete your Instagram in just a certain period or a while. By temporarily deleting an account, profiles, photos, followers, likes and comments on your account will be hidden and will be displayed if you reactivate them.
1. Please log in at www.instagram.com through a browser (we cannot disable it via the Instagram application. It is recommended to use a Mozilla or Chrome browser. Because many users access Instagram via cellphones, I created this Instagram account through mobile. For PC users, can adjust because the way is not much different.
2. Then enter your profile.
3. After that, click Edit Profile as shown in the picture below.
4. To temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, just scroll down and click Temporarily disable my account.
5. In the Why are you disabling your account, please choose your reason why you have disabled your Instagram account. For example, I choose Something else.
6. To confirm that you really want to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, please enter your Instagram password in the To continue field, please re-enter your password. After that, click the Temporarily Disable Account button.
7. You will get a notification like this, please choose OK to continue.
8. If you see a notification whose contents are more or less like the picture below, then your Instagram account has been successfully deleted or temporarily disabled.
Important: By temporarily deactivating your Instagram account, you can reactivate it by logging back in as usual. However, after you deactivate your Instagram account and want to reactivate it, you have to wait several days or even weeks before you can log in and reactivate your Instagram account.
If you get a notification like this when logging in to reactivate your Instagram account, then your Instagram account still can’t be reactivated.
I remind you once again, make sure you think to delete your Instagram account. You must have a strong reason to delete your Instagram account, because as we know that Instagram has many benefits. If you are unanimous with your decision, please use the Instagram account that I described above.